Kia Soul insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is the reason for your visit, learning the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Jacksonville. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more information to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Eight Things That Affect Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Extra policy coverages are wasting money - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Insurance rates in urban areas - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
Reduce car insurance rates by staying claim free - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Florida award the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Drive lots and pay more - Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Soul EV is throwing money out the window. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating states the correct usage, because it can save money.
Premiums are lower the older you get - Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teen driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Gender and auto insurance costs - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders cause accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Always keep your car insurance in place - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Car insurance policy discounts for Kia Soul EV insurance in Jacksonville
Auto insurance companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Jacksonville car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Jacksonville car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to look at driving habits remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, passive restraint, student away at school, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, youthful driver, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, emergency military deployment, good student, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer discounts in Florida, click this link.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When searching for affordable Jacksonville car insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Kia Soul EV insurance rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)