Unthinkable but true, over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Florida being $2,158, drivers could save roughly 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't want to go online and compare rates.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Jacksonville. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper R8 coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Affordable companies for Audi R8 insurance in Florida
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Audi R8 insurance rate analysis
The coverage information shown next showcases estimates of coverage costs for Audi R8 models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are determined helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$498||$1062||$418||$24||$124||$2,126||$177|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$498||$1062||$418||$24||$124||$2,126||$177|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$600||$1258||$418||$24||$124||$2,424||$202|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$600||$1258||$418||$24||$124||$2,424||$202|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can change coverage prices significantly.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Audi R8 premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on Jacksonville insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can influence Audi R8 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Audi R8 insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi R8 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Audi R8 car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set guideline for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Audi R8 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Take these seven policy discounts and save on Audi R8 insurance in Jacksonville
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on R8 insurance in Jacksonville.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of companies will provide an incentive get Jacksonville car insurance on the internet.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Memberships - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Audi R8 insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, new graduate, safety features, multi-policy, good student, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting free Jacksonville car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
You may need help from an insurance agency
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Listed below are Jacksonville auto insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Audi R8 insurance in Jacksonville.
- Connie Doyle State Farm Insurance Agency
14158 Marsh Woods Ct - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 223-0035 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 765-2919 - View Map
- Dwight Bacon Insurance Agency
6409 Merrill Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 641-5940 - View Map
- Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St - Jacksonville, FL 32202 - (904) 350-0014 - View Map
After you get answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found a company that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that consumers can cancel your coverage whenever you want so never assume you are locked into the auto insurance policy for a certain time period.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your R8 to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, vandalism, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 10/20/10 which means a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, emergency aid, medical services and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Audi R8.
Since many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, surgery and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Persistence will pay off
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
While you're price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Audi R8 insurance in Jacksonville can be bought online in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)