Want to learn how to find more affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Jacksonville? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Chevy Spark in Florida can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes on a Chevy and locate the lowest possible price from Jacksonville insurance agents and online providers.
Best companies for affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Florida
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Save a ton with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Paperwork-free - Many auto insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing online.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Spark insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers living away from Jacksonville attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
Some companies that have many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before buying, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best Chevy Spark insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Seven Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers - Young drivers in Florida are known to be less responsible when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a teen driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
Safeguard your assets with liability - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Eliminate extra coverages - There are many add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Where you call home plays a part - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated Florida areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers auto insurance rates - Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time.
Having a spouse equates to better premiums - Getting married can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- If my Chevy Spark is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Jacksonville.
By using this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a good Jacksonville insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Jacksonville can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Jacksonville that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 - Jacksonville, FL 32244 - (904) 783-3388 - View Map
- Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St - Jacksonville, FL 32202 - (904) 350-0014 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kim Lego - State Farm Insurance Agent
13820 Old St Augustine Rd #401 - Jacksonville, FL 32258 - (904) 268-9900 - View Map
- Yuleen Broome - State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 398-0401 - View Map
- Therese Quinn - State Farm Insurance Agent
1944 Southside Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (904) 724-6040 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Jacksonville?
- How long have they been in business?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you can always cancel a policy at any time so don't think that you are permanently stuck with your new company for the full policy term.
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Chevy Spark insurance is attainable online in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you need to shop Jacksonville auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Steps to finding more affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Jacksonville
The easiest way to get discount Chevy Spark insurance in Jacksonville is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Florida.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)