A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in Florida being $2,200, drivers could save about $1,130 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Really, the only way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more details to find cheap rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper FX45 coverage is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save with these discounts on Infiniti FX45 insurance in Jacksonville
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Jacksonville auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Infiniti vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Infiniti FX45 has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Infiniti at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Infiniti gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare rates but still have a local Jacksonville insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Jacksonville that can give you free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Jacksonville?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a local Jacksonville insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Jacksonville may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Therese Quinn – State Farm Insurance Agent
1944 Southside Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 724-6040 – View Map
- Chris Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 – Jacksonville, FL 32222 – (904) 854-4700 – View Map
- Otis Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32259 – (904) 287-1523 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Jacksonville willing to provide price quotes.
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 – Jacksonville, FL 32244 – (904) 783-3388 – View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-3492 – View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 376-7200 – View Map