It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Jacksonville is why you’re reading this, learning how to shop for insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The easiest way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide car insurance in Florida. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and a bad credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional tips to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Jacksonville is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. But Florida consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage.
Low Cost Mazda insurance price quotes in Jacksonville
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Detailed insurance information
The premium table shown next outlines different insurance policy prices for Mazda 3 models. Understanding how prices are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,376||$115|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,376||$115|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,474||$123|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in Jacksonville location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The information below compares Mazda 3 premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The illustration below compares Mazda 3 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda 3 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda 3 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for early bird, homeowners, good student, defensive driver, air bags, teen driver, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, teen driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and business and professional.
- Allstate offers discounts including EZ pay plan discount, teenSMART discount, new car, passive restraint, and early signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To find providers that offer discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Jacksonville Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the things companies use to determine your rates.
- Drivers with high credit save – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mazda 3 by improving your rating.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- Raise your deductibles for better prices – Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Getting married can save on auto insurance – Your spouse may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insurance loss statistics a Mazda 3 – Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium rates. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda 3 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 3 Models Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What policy terms are available?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Jacksonville who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Therese Quinn – State Farm Insurance Agent
1944 Southside Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 724-6040 – View Map
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
- Homer St Clair – State Farm Insurance Agent
7305 Merrill Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-7422 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Jacksonville independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Jim White Insurance Agency
1840 Dunn Ave #6 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-2222 – View Map
- A and B Insurance Agency, Inc
2153 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 388-6446 – View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32219 – (904) 764-3336 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
The cheapest Mazda 3 insurance in Jacksonville is available both online and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)