A recent study showed that over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Florida drivers could save an average of approximately $1,126 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the benefits if they switch to a new company.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Florida. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
The goal of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. If you’re already insured, you will be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Smart buyers just have to understand the best way to compare prices online.
Cheap companies for Nissan Quest insurance
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
What Determines Nissan Quest Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Single vs. married – Your spouse actually saves money on your car insurance policy. It translates into being more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Nissan Quest earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better costs – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Drivers with responsible credit save – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Nissan Quest by improving your rating.
- Your job is a factor – Occupations like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and long work days. Other occupations like scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Quest – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Quest Vehicles Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Nissan Quest insurance in Jacksonville with discounts
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Renewal Discounts – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current Quest insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your policy premiums.
To see a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Jacksonville, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is especially important in Jacksonville.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 766-1995 – View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 376-7200 – View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 771-6400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Edie Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
2325 Park St – Jacksonville, FL 32204 – (904) 425-4054 – View Map
- Vonnie Wiggins – State Farm Insurance Agent
11757 Beach Blvd #7 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-0090 – View Map
- Sam Maimone – State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-6844 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you receive good responses to your questions and inexpensive Nissan Quest insurance in Jacksonville quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Nissan Quest?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Lower rates by being persistent
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Low-cost Nissan Quest insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available online in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Nissan Quest insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Jacksonville car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)