A recent study showed that the vast majority of Florida car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Jacksonville.
- First, read about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to find cheap prices and find hidden discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Our goal is to help educate you on how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. If you have insurance now, you should be able to find the best rates using these tips. But Florida vehicle owners must know how big insurance companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
How to shop Porsche 911 insurance online
When shopping for cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Florida. The simplest method to find the cheapest Porsche 911 insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the personal advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
The premium table shown below outlines different policy rates for Porsche 911 models. Understanding how policy rates are figured is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$704||$400||$24||$120||$1,558||$130|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$704||$400||$24||$120||$1,584||$132|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$704||$340||$20||$102||$1,502||$125|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$704||$400||$24||$120||$1,584||$132|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$704||$340||$20||$102||$1,502||$125|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$770||$400||$24||$120||$1,650||$138|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$770||$400||$24||$120||$1,650||$138|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$770||$340||$20||$102||$1,568||$131|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$704||$340||$20||$102||$1,528||$127|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$362||$770||$400||$24||$120||$1,676||$140|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$362||$836||$400||$24||$120||$1,742||$145|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$414||$904||$400||$24||$120||$1,862||$155|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$414||$904||$400||$24||$120||$1,862||$155|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$414||$970||$340||$20||$102||$1,846||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in Jacksonville location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche 911 in Jacksonville, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Porsche 911, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Save More
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings. Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Always keep your car insurance in force – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Liability protection claims can be big – The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
The type of car you drive affects your prices – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Porsche 911 car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
Younger drivers pay high premiums – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Improve your credit rating – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit is low, you could save money insuring your Porsche 911 by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Insurance losses for a Porsche 911 – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Porsche 911 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Porsche Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could qualify for lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Jacksonville auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on your computer.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce the cost of your policy.
The example below shows the comparison of Porsche 911 auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, ease of repair, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, multiple policy, driver’s education, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Jacksonville. To view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Jacksonville, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Porsche 911 is totaled?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Jacksonville insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Jacksonville, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jacksonville?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
Budget-conscious Porsche 911 insurance is available online and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)