Sad but true, almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Florida can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Jacksonville is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest coverage in Jacksonville is really quite easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the best way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Finding cheaper insurance quotes is pretty simple and can save money. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes to discover which company has cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Buick Regal insurance rate quotes online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Buick Regal insurance discounts in Jacksonville
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Telematics Devices - Jacksonville drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Insurance companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer cheap Buick Regal insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance for Less
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Your age impacts your prices - Teen drivers in Florida are statistically shown to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums.
- Lower prices with alarm systems - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Eliminate incidental coverages - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Your credit rating is important - Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Buick Regal by improving your rating. People that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
- Accidents increase premiums - Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- More stress means more cost - Occupations such as fire fighters, social workers, and miners tend to pay higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs like professors, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
Loss probability for a Buick Regal - Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium costs. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the loss history for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I compare prices from local Jacksonville car insurance agents?
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. A good agent in Jacksonville will have answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Jacksonville?
Different types of Jacksonville car insurance agents
When finding an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my Buick Regal qualify for pleasure use?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
Some insurance providers don't offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Jacksonville can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Jacksonville Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)