It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Jacksonville. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is that you'll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Florida could save themselves $1,100 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Jacksonville can initially seem challenging. But Florida consumers must know how companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from many insurance companies in Florida. The simplest method to find the lowest Chevy Silverado 3500HD rates is to get quotes online.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to local Jacksonville insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained advice of a local Jacksonville agent. Although, it is possible compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing insurance rates, know that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Facts and figures for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance
The premium information shown below outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are established can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$524||$678||$40||$202||$1,684||$140|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$240||$524||$678||$40||$202||$1,684||$140|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,430||$119|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,454||$121|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$264||$524||$542||$32||$162||$1,524||$127|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$264||$524||$542||$32||$162||$1,524||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change auto insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevy Silverado 3500HD claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Jacksonville insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, air bags, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, new car, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, good student, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family discounts include good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Jacksonville. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes in Florida, click here to view.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Jacksonville, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects your Chevy Silverado 3500HD and your assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Jacksonville car insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?