It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper rates will probably move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to shop for coverages can save money and time.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Chevy Uplander insurance in Jacksonville is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Florida.
- First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a poor credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Uplander insurance. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying affordable car insurance policy in Jacksonville is not as hard as you think. Just about anyone who is overpaying for car insurance will find a lower-cost policy. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rates in Florida
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Uplander insurance in Jacksonville
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you don't get every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Online Discount - Many larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Jacksonville may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, anti-theft, and air bags.
- Travelers has discounts for good student, continuous insurance, multi-car, early quote, student away at school, home ownership, and driver training.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, family plan, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance may include discounts for safety device, good driver, online shopper, multi-car, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, good driver, good student, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, and professional/association.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of companies with the best discounts in Jacksonville, click here.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to contact a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Jacksonville that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St - Jacksonville, FL 32202 - (904) 350-0014 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quotes.
Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 538-9440 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Jacksonville should be willing to answer these questions.
- How are claims handled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Once you have good feedback to these questions and cheap Uplander insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that policyholders can terminate your policy at any point so never feel that you're stuck with any specific agency for any length of time.
Car insurance savings summarized
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Chevy Uplander insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Jacksonville car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)