Are you burned out from not being able to scrape enough together to keep your car insured? You are no different than most other consumers in Florida.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding lower prices. A survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved over $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Jacksonville is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to shop and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
How to find affordable Dodge Dakota insurance in Jacksonville
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Jacksonville. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Because you have many choices for buying affordable insurance for a Dodge Dakota in Jacksonville, it’s nearly impossible to pick the best auto insurance company.
Finding cheaper protection in Jacksonville is simple if you know the tricks. Just about every car owner who is looking for cheaper auto insurance most likely will get a lower-priced policy. But Florida consumers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Save money with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up early. The savings is around 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Dakota is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Dakota insurance in Jacksonville.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help reduce the premium cost.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-policy, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- Allstate includes discounts for farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, anti-theft, resident student, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good student.
If you want the cheapest Dodge Dakota rate quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To view providers with the best Dodge Dakota insurance discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Dakota insurance in Jacksonville is to realize auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you have an active license, if you require a SR-22, whether you are single or married, and your education level. Your details is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Dodge Dakota now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Jacksonville.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Dodge Dakota insurance charts and tables
The rate information shown below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Dakota models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$244||$552||$500||$30||$150||$1,476||$123|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$244||$552||$500||$30||$150||$1,476||$123|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$280||$552||$500||$30||$150||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$552||$500||$30||$150||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$650||$500||$30||$150||$1,610||$134|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$650||$500||$30||$150||$1,610||$134|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$316||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,412||$118|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$316||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,412||$118|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$316||$650||$500||$30||$150||$1,646||$137|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,412||$118|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$316||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,412||$118|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,412||$118|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,546||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can change coverage rates significantly.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Dodge Dakota insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Dakota settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Jacksonville that can give you free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When looking for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Jacksonville can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
Chris Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 – Jacksonville, FL 32222 – (904) 854-4700 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for the full policy term.
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of information how to reduce Dodge Dakota insurance car insurance rates online in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
The cheapest Dodge Dakota insurance in Jacksonville can be found from both online companies in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you need to quote Jacksonville auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
How to find low-cost Dodge Dakota insurance in Jacksonville
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Dodge Dakota insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
First, try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a poor credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)