Are you irritated from being strong-armed to make your auto insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as many other Florida drivers.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around annually will presumably switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Jacksonville is your goal, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for auto insurance can save money and time.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices once a year from companies in Florida. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to keep prices down and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Escape coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
There are many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates for Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville.
Cheap Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville
Auto insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below compares Ford Escape yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may include these benefits are:
Double check with every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be available in Jacksonville. To locate insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Florida, follow this link.
Which Ford Escape insurance is cheapest in Jacksonville, Florida?
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium information displayed below showcases different insurance policy prices for Ford Escape models. Learning more about how rate quotes are established is important to be able to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$242||$460||$400||$24||$120||$1,246||$104|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$242||$460||$400||$24||$120||$1,246||$104|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$242||$460||$400||$24||$120||$1,246||$104|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$278||$460||$400||$24||$120||$1,282||$107|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$278||$460||$400||$24||$120||$1,282||$107|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$278||$560||$400||$24||$120||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Escape insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Escape insurance rates by gender in Jacksonville
The example below shows the difference between Ford Escape yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Jacksonville agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When getting Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Escape rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to quoting cheaper Ford Escape insurance in Jacksonville
The most effective way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Jacksonville.
- First, learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)