Are you looking for a better way to compare low-cost Kia Spectra insurance in Jacksonville? Paying for overpriced Kia Spectra insurance in Jacksonville can bottom out your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Doing a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to lower your monthly bill.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $2,158, Florida drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Consumers have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal for Kia Spectra insurance in Jacksonville.
Locating the best rates in Jacksonville is not rocket science. If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce premiums using this information. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to compare prices online.
Companies offering Kia Spectra insurance in Jacksonville
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Kia Spectra Insurance Premium Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- More performance means higher costs – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Spectra may be costing you higher rates.
- Gender matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Bundle and save – Some insurance companies will give discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Eliminate extra coverages – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Score discounts on Jacksonville car insurance
Car insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Spectra insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Kia Spectra insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
If you need affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in Jacksonville. To locate insurers with the best Kia Spectra insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Neighborhood Jacksonville auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Jacksonville who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Jacksonville will have answers to these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
When finding a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Jacksonville are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get price quotes.
David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Jacksonville that can give you price quote information.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Cheaper insurance in Jacksonville is available online as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
When getting Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
How to find more affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Jacksonville
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Kia Spectra insurance in Jacksonville is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)