The best way to save money on car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to annually compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Jacksonville consumers could save up to 55% every year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Reducing your Mazda 2 insurance rates is not a difficult process. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to discover which company has affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your 2
Even though Jacksonville 2 insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Mazda but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Mazda 2 Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Optional features can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Florida give most affordable rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Gender matters – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Save annual miles and save money – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your 2 is just wasting money.
Get cheap Mazda 2 insurance in Jacksonville with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new 2 can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Multi-line Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Mazda 2 insurance quotes in Jacksonville in Jacksonville, click here.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my Mazda 2 qualify for pleasure use?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Mazda 2?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jacksonville?
- Which family members are covered?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
When researching a good Jacksonville insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Bill Doyle – State Farm Insurance Agent
11555 Central Pkwy #904 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 642-4000 – View Map
- David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
- Yuleen Broome – State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 Atlantic Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 398-0401 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give price quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 329-7950 – View Map
- Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 350-0014 – View Map
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 391-1003 – View Map
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Lower-priced car insurance in Jacksonville is available online and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper Mazda 2 insurance in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Mazda 2 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)