The easiest way to find more affordable Audi A4 insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Florida.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to find cheap rates and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in Jacksonville could cut their rates by 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
Components of Your Audi A4 Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Male premiums may be higher - The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The example below compares Audi A4 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Better insurance rates on safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
Little extras can really add up - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
What are your comp and collision deductibles? - Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, hail damage, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Audi A4 claim data - Insurers use claims history to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the loss history for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A4 4dr 2WD||179||107||103||80||112||100|
|Audi A4 4dr 4WD||160||94||118||66||68||77|
|Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD||145||84||110||47||47||70|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Audi A4 models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$194||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,290||$108|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,230||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,230||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$194||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,290||$108|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter price quotes greatly.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Audi A4 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Jacksonville
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can increase Audi A4 insurance prices for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Audi A4 insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule for excluding comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Audi A4 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all possible discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jacksonville car insurance online.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used A4 can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Professional Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current A4 insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Jacksonville can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jacksonville car insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
The illustration below compares Audi A4 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you need the cheapest Audi A4 rate quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be offered everywhere. For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Jacksonville, follow this link.
Lower rates by being persistent
Budget-friendly insurance in Jacksonville is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)