It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that consumers who shopped around annually saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on BMW Alpina B7 insurance is the reason you’re here, then understanding the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in Florida
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Jacksonville insurance discounts for a BMW Alpina B7
Some companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jacksonville auto insurance quote.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Alpina B7 insurance premium.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, safety features, good student, newly married, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good student, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, early shopping, teen driver, distant student, good student, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe driver, air bags, teen driver, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Jacksonville.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When researching a local Jacksonville insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Jacksonville are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get comparison quotes.
Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 350-0014 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Quote often and quote early
A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agencies. More affordable insurance in Jacksonville can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)