We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop rates annually are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Jacksonville is the reason you’re here, then learning about the best ways to shop for insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Jacksonville. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Slash rates with these discounts
Some providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good driver, good student, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- Allstate includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, new car, farm vehicle, and premier discount.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving, anti-theft, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Jacksonville. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, click here to view.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville insurance agents?
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Jacksonville.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use local Jacksonville agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Jacksonville may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Persistence will pay off
We just covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Jacksonville can be sourced on the web and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)