Shopping for more affordable Jacksonville Land Rover LR3 insurance quotes over the internet can appear to be somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners who are new to comparing rates and buying car insurance over the internet. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how can you have time to compare every car insurance company to find better prices?
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your ultimate target, understanding the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
First Step: Get free Land Rover LR3 insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices increases your odds of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing Land Rover LR3 insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Land Rover, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Land Rover LR3 but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Physical damage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Women tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Discounts for married drivers – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurers afford a discount to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
- Never have car insurance policy lapses – Going without insurance can be a fast way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in less populated areas of the country can save you money when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Florida areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Jacksonville insurance discounts for a Land Rover LR3
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Jacksonville auto insurance over the internet.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can get better insurance rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Local neighborhood Jacksonville car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Jacksonville who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Jacksonville may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Below are Jacksonville independent insurance agents who may provide free car insurance quotes.
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 527-3029 – View Map
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32225 – (904) 743-6661 – View Map
- Connect America Insurance Agency
8825 Perimeter Park Blvd #303 – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 494-8898 – View Map
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Cam Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4555 San Juan Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 381-1206 – View Map
- Randy Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 Monument Rd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32225 – (904) 642-2400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 765-2919 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does their agency support local causes in Jacksonville?
Cover all your bases
The cheapest Land Rover LR3 insurance in Jacksonville can be purchased both online in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Land Rover LR3 insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to save money on Land Rover LR3 insurance in Jacksonville
The preferred way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Jacksonville.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Jacksonville, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)