Wish you could get out of an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Jacksonville is your target objective, understanding how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Jacksonville
The best way we recommend to find cheaper car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare quotes annually from companies in Florida.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Sky insurance. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Online insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
It's a good idea to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because prices change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Saturn Sky insurance in Jacksonville a couple years back you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Low Cost car insurance in Jacksonville, FL
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Jacksonville insurance discounts for a Saturn Sky
Some providers don't necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Jacksonville auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Jacksonville auto insurance quote.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Jacksonville auto insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, driver training, defensive driver, federal employee, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-car, ease of repair, age of vehicle, anti-theft, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include mature driver, youthful driver, good student, early shopping, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multiple vehicles, paid in full, teen driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including good student, multi-car, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, and drive less.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA offers premium reductions for driver training, vehicle storage, defensive driver, military installation, and loyalty savings.
When getting free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, follow this link.
It's not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation could use an agent's help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- What are the best liability limits?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Comparing quotes from local Jacksonville insurance agencies
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Jacksonville can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that can give you price quote information.
Otis Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32259 - (904) 287-1523 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you need to get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
After you get positive responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Lower-priced Saturn Sky insurance in Jacksonville is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When getting Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Steps to buying discount Saturn Sky insurance in Jacksonville
The preferred way to find discount car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Florida. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Don't forget to put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional car insurance information is available at the links below
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)