If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Florida.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Florida drivers could save 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
All major insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Jacksonville is pretty easy as you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. After you submit the form their system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Jacksonville makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest payment on insurance.
To save time and find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
These discounts can slash Chrysler Sebring insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't list every possible discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Distant Student - Older children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Sebring insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler Sebring yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm has savings for good student, accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, driver's education, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, type of vehicle, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and good driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, early bird, and driver training.
- Allstate offers discounts including auto/life discount, safe driver, passive restraint, farm vehicle, utility vehicle, and 55 and retired.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in every state.
Rates and other information
The coverage table displayed below covers estimates of insurance rates for Chrysler Sebring models. Understanding more about how premiums are figured can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,228||$102|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,250||$104|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,250||$104|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$216||$478||$472||$28||$142||$1,336||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific Jacksonville garaging location which can change price quotes greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims drive up Chrysler Sebring yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chrysler Sebring book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $400 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville insurance agencies?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Jacksonville?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you would like to find local Jacksonville agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville who may provide you with price quotes.
- Debra Braddock - State Farm Insurance Agent
9310 Old Kings Rd S #1901 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 737-0829 - View Map
- Kim Lego - State Farm Insurance Agent
13820 Old St Augustine Rd #401 - Jacksonville, FL 32258 - (904) 268-9900 - View Map
- Jim Register - State Farm Insurance Agent
12058 San Jose Blvd #302 - Jacksonville, FL 32223 - (904) 268-5522 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 771-6400 - View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- Erwin Insurance, LLC
841 Prudential Drive, 12th Floor - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 764-7531 - View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Florida?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your rate level.
No insurance claims equals cheap prices - Insurance companies in Florida provide the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Incidental coverages you don't use - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your Sebring policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Women tend to be lower risk - The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Combine policies to earn discounts - Many insurance companies will give better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
Getting married is a bonus - Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. It may mean you are more mature and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Lower insurance rates with continuous coverage - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Youthful drivers pay high prices - More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Amount of liability - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance is not optional in Florida
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Sebring insurance, insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chrysler Sebring, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chrysler Sebring. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more and you will save more
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap Chrysler Sebring insurance in Jacksonville is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Jacksonville auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)