It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Jacksonville is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Florida. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Sierra 3500HD coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Don't forget to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle's registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Jacksonville is your objective, then having an understanding of how to compare insurance can help make the process easier.
These techniques will help you learn how auto insurance companies operate and some tips to save money. If you are insured now, you should be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Drivers only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop for insurance online.
Finding cheap Jacksonville auto insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Take policy discounts and save on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Jacksonville
Companies don't always advertise every discount available very well, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Sierra 3500HD insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Jacksonville auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Club Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, 55 and older, student driver, early bird, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good driver, good student, multiple autos, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, good student, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, anti-theft, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
The premium information shown next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are established is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$438||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$438||$862||$532||$32||$160||$2,024||$169|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$438||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$438||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$438||$862||$532||$32||$160||$2,024||$169|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$438||$862||$532||$32||$160||$2,024||$169|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$438||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$438||$862||$532||$32||$160||$2,024||$169|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$438||$862||$532||$32||$160||$2,024||$169|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$482||$862||$426||$26||$128||$1,924||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Jacksonville garaging location which can affect coverage prices greatly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates for each different age category. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can raise GMC Sierra 3500HD car insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your GMC Sierra 3500HD replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And buying from small agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it's worth learning why they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Jacksonville independent insurance agencies who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- State Insurance Agency
803 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 247-5599 - View Map
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 766-1995 - View Map
- Connect America Insurance Agency
8825 Perimeter Park Blvd #303 - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (904) 494-8898 - View Map
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Parvez Sahotra - State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 Hodges Blvd #14 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 221-1161 - View Map
- Edie Williams - State Farm Insurance Agent
2325 Park St - Jacksonville, FL 32204 - (904) 425-4054 - View Map
- Bill Pool - State Farm Insurance Agent
7025 Normandy Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32205 - (904) 781-3800 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jacksonville?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can adequately provide insurance.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Credit rating impacts premium costs - A driver's credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your GMC Sierra 3500HD by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
- Better premiums for being claim-free - Companies in Florida give the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Annual miles is a factor - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated Sierra 3500HD may be wasting your money.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other means you're more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save - Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more money you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your GMC scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your GMC Sierra 3500HD has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
Third, car insurance protects not only your GMC but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your GMC gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When getting Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Jacksonville can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
We covered many tips how you can lower your GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance auto insurance rates in Jacksonville. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)