Honda Odyssey insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to find low-cost Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as many other Florida consumers.
We don't have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved on average $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your target objective, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Steps to finding affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like distracted driving and bad credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Since drivers have many choices for buying affordable insurance for a Honda Odyssey in Jacksonville, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost car insurance provider.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates on a regular basis because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville last year other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to find out how to use online quotes to find better coverage on Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville at a better price.
Our goal in writing this article familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have auto insurance, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Although Florida consumers need to have an understanding of how companies sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower insurance prices. Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Always keep your insurance policy in place - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
How your age affects costs - Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Higher deductibles lower premiums - Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Deter vehicle theft - Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles - Companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda Odyssey Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The coverage information displayed next highlights a range of rate quotes for Honda Odyssey models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$150||$334||$472||$28||$142||$1,126||$94|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$172||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,208||$101|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$172||$394||$472||$28||$142||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Honda Odyssey insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Males versus Females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Odyssey car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Jacksonville auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Jacksonville could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Odyssey insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in Jacksonville.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Honda Odyssey insurance premium rates online in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More affordable insurance in Jacksonville can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don't offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
How to buy discount Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost Honda Odyssey insurance in Jacksonville is to annually compare prices from providers who provide car insurance in Florida. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)