No one in their right mind likes paying for insurance, in particular when the price is too high.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Jacksonville could save an average of 55% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
How to save on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jacksonville
Really, the only way to find more affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Jacksonville.
First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price like your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Due to the large number of different company options, it can be difficult for drivers to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
Companies offering low-cost Jaguar S-Type rates in Jacksonville, FL
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
An active claims history can cost you – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Florida award the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your S-Type may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle.
Performance affects premiums – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jacksonville
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some need to be asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new S-Type can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, safety features, good student, newly married, and new move discount.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, pay in full, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, early shopping, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, group or association, multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, company car, student away at school, and paid in full.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see insurance companies with the best Jaguar S-Type insurance discounts in Florida, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville insurance agents?
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Jacksonville.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Jacksonville auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Jacksonville are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, you need to get quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Jacksonville who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville willing to provide price quote information.
Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 538-9440 – View Map
Denny Doyle – State Farm Insurance Agent
7807 Baymeadows Rd E #100 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 737-3777 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Jaguar S-Type insurance rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance in Jacksonville
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Jacksonville.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)