Sadly, almost 70% of drivers in Florida have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for ideas to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current GTO insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Club Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new GTO can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, pay in full, distant student, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, and teen driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance offers discounts for defensive driver, renters, paid-in-full, homeowner, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and safety device.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Jacksonville.
How to find affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Jacksonville
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. This process is quite easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Jacksonville simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to get the best rate on auto insurance.
To save time and compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville car insurance agents?
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Jacksonville that can provide free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How long have they been in business?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Jacksonville are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Jacksonville independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Pontiac GTO insurance prices in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Pontiac GTO insurance in Jacksonville can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Jacksonville car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)