The recommended way to save money on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Jacksonville is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Florida. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help keep prices low and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
We don't have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around annually will probably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $865 annually compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your objective, knowing how to choose a company and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
The intent of this article is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. If you are already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to compare prices using one simple form.
Finding a better price on car insurance doesn't have to be difficult. You just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes to see which company has low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes.
It's so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to different Jacksonville agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the personal advice of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Jacksonville?
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Jacksonville auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Organization Discounts - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- E-sign - Some insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring several vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, 55 and older, driver training, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click this link.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Florida overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is still important in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to drive around because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a good Jacksonville insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you should always compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Jacksonville who may be able to give you pricing information.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville that are able to give price quote information.
Chris Nickas - State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 - Jacksonville, FL 32222 - (904) 854-4700 - View Map
Otis Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32259 - (904) 287-1523 - View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Jacksonville, get answers to these questions.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Jacksonville?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you've probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your car insurance policy.