It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around once a year are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved on average $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for Dodge Avenger insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
To save the most money, the best way to find discount Dodge Avenger insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Jacksonville. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives additional ideas to get lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to find better prices without reducing protection. Our goal is to introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. You just have to learn the fastest way to shop from many companies at once.
The best way to compare policy rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Jacksonville is to understand all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as the year, make and model of vehicles, if it has an anti-theft system, your job, and how you use your vehicles. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to multiple insurance providers and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Dodge Avenger now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Dodge Avenger insurance analysis
The price information displayed next highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Avenger models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are figured is important to be able to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on Jacksonville insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can increase Dodge Avenger premium costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Jacksonville
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Avenger insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Avenger premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact formula to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Avenger book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Dodge Avenger Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurers provide better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Low stress employer equals lower prices – Occupations such as judges, business owners, and dentists generally have the highest rates in part from job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many additional coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Marriage is a factor – Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Avenger by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- Liability coverage is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Why you need quality insurance for your Dodge Avenger
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Dodge Avenger with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your Dodge and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.