Do you want more competitive auto insurance rates in Jacksonville, FL? Jacksonville consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages on a Dodge and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Jacksonville insurance agents.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Jacksonville is really not that difficult. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Drivers just need to know the tricks to shop over the internet.
Affordable car insurance in Jacksonville, FL
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Florida. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The premium information displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are determined can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$450||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,254||$188|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$450||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,396||$200|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$450||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,396||$200|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$450||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,396||$200|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$450||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,396||$200|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$450||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,396||$200|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$500||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,304||$192|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$500||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,446||$204|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$500||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,446||$204|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$500||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,304||$192|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$500||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,304||$192|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$500||$1224||$636||$38||$190||$2,588||$216|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$500||$1224||$636||$38||$190||$2,588||$216|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$500||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,304||$192|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$500||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,304||$192|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$500||$940||$636||$38||$190||$2,304||$192|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$552||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,498||$208|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$552||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,498||$208|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$552||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,498||$208|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$552||$1082||$636||$38||$190||$2,498||$208|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive your Dodge each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy states the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your Ram 2500 can cost quite a bit.
- Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, multiple policy, driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, good student, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and air bag.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in your state. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Florida, click here.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Jacksonville car insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Jacksonville who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Jacksonville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When narrowing the list to find a local Jacksonville insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sam Maimone – State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-6844 – View Map
- Edie Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
2325 Park St – Jacksonville, FL 32204 – (904) 425-4054 – View Map
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Rosetta’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 677-0441 – View Map
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 – Jacksonville, FL 32244 – (904) 783-3388 – View Map
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 391-1003 – View Map
Be persistent and save
We just showed you many ways to reduce Dodge Ram 2500 insurance auto insurance rates online in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 rate quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Jacksonville is available online as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
How to find affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Jacksonville
The recommended way to save money on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Jacksonville is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Florida.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Find a Jacksonville insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Ram 2500 insurance. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)