Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Jacksonville? Are you irritated from scraping nickels together to buy car insurance? You are no different than most other people in Florida.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of how to find and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Jacksonville
The best way to get more affordable Ford Explorer insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Jacksonville. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent costly coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Explorer coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best price available on Ford Explorer insurance in Jacksonville.
It's a good idea to shop coverage around before your next renewal because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Ford Explorer insurance in Jacksonville six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Ford Explorer insurance in Jacksonville is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data including if it has an alarm system, if you lease or own, deductibles desired, and driver ages. Those rating factors is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes immediately.
To find lower cheaper Ford Explorer insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Verify you're getting every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Explorer insurance in Jacksonville.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall bill.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that have some of the above discounts include:
If you want cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Ford Explorer insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click here to view.
The table displayed below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Ford Explorer models. Learning a little about how insurance quotes are formulated can help customers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$278||$438||$438||$26||$132||$1,312||$109|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$278||$438||$438||$26||$132||$1,312||$109|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$278||$438||$438||$26||$132||$1,312||$109|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$278||$438||$438||$26||$132||$1,312||$109|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$312||$532||$438||$26||$132||$1,440||$120|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$312||$532||$438||$26||$132||$1,440||$120|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$312||$532||$438||$26||$132||$1,440||$120|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$312||$532||$438||$26||$132||$1,440||$120|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$312||$532||$438||$26||$132||$1,440||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Ford Explorer insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Ford Explorer auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates based on gender in Jacksonville
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Explorer replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.