It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved approximately $850 each year compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Lexus NX 200t insurance in Jacksonville is your intention, understanding the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Lexus NX 200t insurance in Jacksonville is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- First, read about policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides tips to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Companies offering Lexus NX 200t insurance in Jacksonville
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes by earning these nine discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Resident Student – Children living away from Jacksonville attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- E-sign – A handful of car insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Jacksonville auto insurance on your computer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total NX 200t insurance premium.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, and good driver.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, good student, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, homeowner, Switch & Save, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, good student, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Jacksonville. To locate insurers offering car insurance discounts in Jacksonville, click this link.
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville
If you would like to find a local Jacksonville insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jim Haskins – State Farm Insurance Agent
6983 103rd St #2 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 777-4577 – View Map
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32233 – (904) 246-8650 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are independent agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give price quote information.
- Rumlin Insurance Agency
5600 New Kings Rd #4 – Jacksonville, FL 32209 – (904) 770-4456 – View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-3492 – View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32219 – (904) 764-3336 – View Map
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your NX 200t caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your NX 200t to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus NX 200t.
Since many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10 in Florida), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Quote. Compare. Save.
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Lexus NX 200t insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexus NX 200t insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Jacksonville, Florida? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)