It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable Lincoln Continental insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Jacksonville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to keep prices down and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Continental insurance. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with all possible companies. This provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $865 annually compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Jacksonville is your ultimate goal, learning how to choose a company and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will most likely be able to find better prices using this information. Buying affordable auto insurance in Jacksonville is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Although Florida car owners should learn how insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
Location can impact price - Being located in less populated areas has it's advantages when talking about car insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commute times. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Never have coverage lapses - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department.
More than one policy can earn a discount - The majority of insurers afford discounts to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Performance impacts costs - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Get discounts to get affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes
Some insurers do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Distant Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Online Discount - Certain larger companies will provide an incentive get Jacksonville car insurance on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, accident-free
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Jacksonville. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online Lincoln Continental insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click this link.
Quote more to save more
When you buy Jacksonville car insurance online, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just presented many tips how you can reduce Lincoln Continental insurance premium rates online in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)