It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop for lower prices will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Pontiac G5 insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to shop for car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way to get budget Pontiac G5 insurance in Jacksonville is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as careless driving and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Florida
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac G5 insurance, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Pontiac G5 and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Florida overpays more than $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Pontiac G5 insurance in Jacksonville with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jacksonville car insurance online.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Jacksonville car insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Jacksonville, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville insurance agencies?
Many people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long has the business existed?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
If you want to use a local Jacksonville insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can handle auto insurance, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 538-9440 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 765-2919 – View Map
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
- Erwin Insurance, LLC
841 Prudential Drive, 12th Floor – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 764-7531 – View Map
- Connect America Insurance Agency
8825 Perimeter Park Blvd #303 – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 494-8898 – View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 771-6400 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Pontiac G5 insurance is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Jacksonville car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)