It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly Kia Forte insurance is why you're here, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Florida.
First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Comparison shopping for more affordable policy in Jacksonville is not that difficult. But Florida car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Club Memberships - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Good Student - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Jacksonville car insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger car insurance companies have better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow their car insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Forte insurance in Jacksonville.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your car insurance premiums.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Forte yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, follow this link.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The price information shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Kia Forte models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$548||$472||$28||$142||$1,498||$125|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$548||$472||$28||$142||$1,498||$125|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$668||$472||$28||$142||$1,658||$138|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$786||$532||$32||$160||$1,858||$155|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$786||$532||$32||$160||$1,858||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Kia Forte insurance rates for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can raise Kia Forte insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
What Affects Kia Forte Insurance Rates?
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Kia Forte insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
Big cities have higher rates - Being located in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when it comes to insurance. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Do you have enough liability protection? - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Guys are more aggressive - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
The diagram below shows the difference between Kia Forte insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Is you occupation costing you more? - Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally pay higher average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Insurance rates and age - Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville car insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Jacksonville.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Jacksonville that can give you free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a local Jacksonville insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Jacksonville are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32225 - (904) 743-6661 - View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 372-2355 - View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 743-3492 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Bernard
7530 103rd St Ste 13 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-3130 - View Map
- Parvez Sahotra - State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 Hodges Blvd #14 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 221-1161 - View Map
- Denny Doyle - State Farm Insurance Agent
7807 Baymeadows Rd E #100 - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 737-3777 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Jacksonville?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Forte, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Florida overpays more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
In the end, you can save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find affordable Kia Forte insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Jacksonville car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)