If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Florida.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to people who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Jacksonville is your target objective, then learning about how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to compare rates for Lexus RC F insurance in Jacksonville is to know the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including how many miles driven, if it has an anti-theft system, whether you drive to work or school, and coverage limits. The data is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Jacksonville.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for these eight discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some need to be asked for before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren't that generous.
If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Jacksonville, click this link.
Local Jacksonville auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jacksonville?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find a good Jacksonville insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both do a good job, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
- Ray Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 751-6643 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32233 - (904) 246-8650 - View Map
- Debra Braddock - State Farm Insurance Agent
9310 Old Kings Rd S #1901 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 737-0829 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Erwin Insurance, LLC
841 Prudential Drive, 12th Floor - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 764-7531 - View Map
- A and B Insurance Agency, Inc
2153 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 388-6446 - View Map
- Rosetta's Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 677-0441 - View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like pain medications, surgery, doctor visits, dental work and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus RC F.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 10/20/10 that means you have a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your RC F resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your RC F to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop smart and save
When getting Jacksonville car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. More affordable insurance in Jacksonville can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)