I doubt anyone looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
It’s amazing but almost 70% of insureds in Florida have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. American drivers could save an average of $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
How to find better rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Jacksonville
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Jacksonville is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Florida.
- Read and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Consumers should take time to compare prices occasionally because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price on Mercury Montego insurance in Jacksonville six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Montego insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to find affordable auto insurance in Jacksonville.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Jacksonville is actually quite simple. If you have coverage now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Consumers just need to use the quickest way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to drive around to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Take advantage of these discounts on Mercury Montego insurance in Jacksonville
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- E-sign – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, federal employee, and military active duty.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, driver training, and student driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not apply in Jacksonville.
Lower Your Jacksonville Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Montego can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercury Montego scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.