It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Jacksonville.
First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover tips to help reduce premium rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Maxima insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Nissan Maxima insurance in Jacksonville is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to shop for cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is not rocket science. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Jacksonville car insurance quotes to see which company has affordable Jacksonville car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The price information below covers a range of coverage prices for Nissan Maxima models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are determined can help drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$348||$628||$438||$26||$132||$1,572||$131|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$348||$722||$438||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Nissan Maxima insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Maxima insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
These discounts can cut Nissan Maxima insurance rates
Companies don’t list every discount very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Maxima insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Maxima annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of companies with significant discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Maxima insurance, buying car insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Local Jacksonville insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Jacksonville
If you want to buy insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents to choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
- Sam Maimone – State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-6844 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 538-9440 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give price quotes.
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 771-6400 – View Map
- Rumlin Insurance Agency
5600 New Kings Rd #4 – Jacksonville, FL 32209 – (904) 770-4456 – View Map
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 766-1995 – View Map