When searching for lower-priced insurance, are you overwhelmed by the number of insurance providers that you can choose from? Florida drivers have so many providers to choose from that it can easily turn into more work than you anticipated to find better premium rates for Nissan Xterra insurance in Jacksonville. Jacksonville is an excellent city in which to live, but budgeting for expensive insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Florida insurance shoppers can cut their rates by up to $1,100 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Although Florida car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Xterra insurance in Jacksonville utilizes the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them some information including any included safety features, distance driven, the year, make and model of vehicles, and whether you drive to work or school. That information is then sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower affordable Nissan Xterra insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Jacksonville.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Nissan Xterra insurance in Florida is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Xterra has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Nissan Xterra coverage analysis
The coverage information below highlights different coverage costs for Nissan Xterra models. Being able to understand how rates are figured can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$196||$276||$472||$28||$142||$1,114||$93|
|Xterra S 2WD||$196||$276||$472||$28||$142||$1,114||$93|
|Xterra S 4WD||$196||$276||$472||$28||$142||$1,114||$93|
|Xterra X 4WD||$196||$276||$472||$28||$142||$1,114||$93|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$226||$352||$472||$28||$142||$1,220||$102|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$226||$352||$472||$28||$142||$1,220||$102|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$226||$352||$472||$28||$142||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific Jacksonville garaging location which can modify prices significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Nissan Xterra premium costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Jacksonville insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Jacksonville auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Xterra insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, pay in full, business and professional, teen driver, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, multi-policy, good student, paperless, teen driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, and good student.
- USAA has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, military installation, new vehicle, and family discount.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Jacksonville, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Jacksonville.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
If you would like to find a good Jacksonville insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to contact a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32225 – (904) 743-6661 – View Map
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 – Jacksonville, FL 32244 – (904) 783-3388 – View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 771-6400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32233 – (904) 246-8650 – View Map
- Sam Maimone – State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-6844 – View Map
- David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Jacksonville, get answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Nissan Xterra insurance can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on Nissan Xterra insurance in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies.
How to find more affordable Nissan Xterra insurance in Jacksonville
The recommended way to get low-cost Nissan Xterra insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Jacksonville.
- First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Kia Forte in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)