Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers in Florida have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers could save nearly 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Florida. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional tips to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Most companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide insurance quotes online. Getting quotes for Pontiac G8 insurance in Jacksonville is fairly simple as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Jacksonville simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Pontiac G8 just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Jacksonville is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are. It's important that you understand some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
High policy claims frequency drives up prices - Car insurance companies in Florida award the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
Prevent theft and save money - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft.
Youthful drivers pay high rates - Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
Liability risk factors - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Never let your coverage expire - Driving without insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
Good credit saves on car insurance - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Pontiac G8 by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
Affordable Pontiac G8 insurance in Jacksonville
Some insurance providers don't always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Jacksonville car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Jacksonville car insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current G8 insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Florida, follow this link.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Jacksonville?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you want a reputable agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write insurance policies, but it's important to know how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- David Beam - State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 379-4156 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 765-2919 - View Map
- Sam Maimone - State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32246 - (904) 641-6844 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give price quote information.
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 376-7200 - View Map
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32225 - (904) 743-6661 - View Map
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 - Jacksonville, FL 32244 - (904) 783-3388 - View Map
In the end, you can save money
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Pontiac G8 insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as hard as you think.
As you quote Jacksonville car insurance, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information is located below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)