Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of Florida insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Saturn Outlook insurance in Jacksonville is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Florida. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Saturn Outlook insurance quotes comparison
Just keep in mind that quoting more increases your odds of finding the best price.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Analysis of coverages
The price information shown below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Saturn Outlook models. Having a better idea how rates are established is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$328||$538||$564||$34||$168||$1,632||$136|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$328||$538||$564||$34||$168||$1,632||$136|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Outlook XE AWD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can impact coverage prices noticeably.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Saturn Outlook yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Saturn Outlook car insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn Outlook has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Saturn Outlook. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Jacksonville auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between Saturn Outlook auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Travelers discounts include new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-policy, good student, and early quote.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, good student, anti-theft, defensive driving, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, good student, alternative fuel, business and professional, multi-car, and teen driver.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, safety device, multi-policy, multi-car, emergency road assistance, claim free, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, accident-free, good driver, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, location of vehicle, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Jacksonville. To choose auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Jacksonville, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. A good agent in Jacksonville will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Jacksonville?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Different types of Jacksonville car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide price quotes.
- David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
- John Brooks – State Farm Insurance Agent
11362 San Jose Blvd #19 – Jacksonville, FL 32223 – (904) 880-9060 – View Map
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 – Jacksonville, FL 32244 – (904) 783-3388 – View Map
- Rosetta’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 677-0441 – View Map
- Zellner Insurance Agency
4114 Sunbeam Rd #101 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 356-1492 – View Map
If you feel you receive good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Saturn Outlook.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 10/20/10 which means a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, structural damage and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Outlook to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Quote more and you will save more
You just learned many ideas to compare Saturn Outlook insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More affordable car insurance in Jacksonville is possible from both online companies and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, so you need to quote Jacksonville auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)