Do you need a fast way to compare the cheapest auto insurance rates in Jacksonville, FL? Jacksonville consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Chevy Cavalier insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Chevy and locate the lowest possible price.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Jacksonville at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about Cavalier insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
This article’s goal is to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some tricks to saving. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Drivers just have to learn the fastest way to shop for auto insurance from many different companies online.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Jacksonville is to know the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information including how much school you completed, how many miles driven, whether or not you need a SR-22, and an estimate of your credit level. Your information is then submitted to all major companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Jacksonville.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cavalier in Jacksonville, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Cavalier with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Cavalier. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for these six discounts
Some companies do not advertise every discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help reduce your premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, accident-free, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, air bag, and driver training.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Jacksonville. If you would like to view companies that offer many of these discounts in Florida, click this link.
Buying insurance from Jacksonville auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is still important in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Jacksonville
If you want a local Jacksonville insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Jacksonville agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Jacksonville who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- A and B Insurance Agency, Inc
2153 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 388-6446 – View Map
- Zellner Insurance Agency
4114 Sunbeam Rd #101 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 356-1492 – View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 372-2355 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes.
- David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 765-2919 – View Map
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in Jacksonville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which family members are covered?
Insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Cavalier?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Cavalier?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy Cavalier?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Cavalier
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Cavalier.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Cavalier resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Cavalier in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, chiropractic care and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, hitting a deer, hail damage and falling objects. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
We just covered a lot of information how to find lower-cost Chevy Cavalier insurance in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Cavalier insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in Jacksonville is available from both online companies in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy Cavalier insurance in Jacksonville
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies in Jacksonville.
First, try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)