A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Florida could save themselves nearly $1,130 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
Really, the only way to find lower priced Chevy City Express insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell insurance in Jacksonville.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Jacksonville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart shoppers just have to use the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chevy City Express insurance in Jacksonville is fairly straightforward as you just type in the coverages you want on the page. Upon sending the form, the quote system gets reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on the information you submitted. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To save time and compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Data for Chevy City Express insurance
The table displayed next highlights different insurance coverage prices for Chevy City Express models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are formulated can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$256||$410||$430||$26||$128||$1,250||$104|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$256||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,340||$112|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$294||$500||$430||$26||$128||$1,378||$115|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$294||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,466||$122|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$294||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,466||$122|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$294||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,466||$122|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$294||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,466||$122|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premiums noticeably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can change Chevy City Express insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow companies to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your City Express has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy City Express?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Best car insurance agent in Jacksonville
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Jacksonville agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you need to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Jacksonville who can help you get free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?