How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Suzuki Aerio insurance in Jacksonville? Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance sources in Jacksonville? Lot’s of other people are too. You have such a large number of options that it can really be a ton of work to find the best premium rates for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Jacksonville. Jacksonville is a good city to live in, but inflated auto insurance prices makes it impossible to pay for enough auto insurance coverage.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Companies offering Suzuki Aerio insurance in Florida
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Jacksonville insurance discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
- Telematics Devices – Jacksonville drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Jacksonville auto insurance with certain companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose providers offering insurance discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Six factors that impact insurance prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Suzuki. A few examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Battle of the sexes – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Minor frequent policy claims are not good – Companies in Florida generally give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Buying a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Cautious drivers have lower rates – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Amount of liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Local Jacksonville insurance agents and insurance
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Jacksonville that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Types of auto insurance agents
When finding local Jacksonville agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Jacksonville are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Kathy Scott – State Farm Insurance Agent
6018 San Jose Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32217 – (904) 730-3665 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stephanie Ando
3546 St Johns Bluff Rd S #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 645-8880 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32233 – (904) 246-8650 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to check rates from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Connect America Insurance Agency
8825 Perimeter Park Blvd #303 – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 494-8898 – View Map
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 391-1003 – View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-3492 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Cheap Suzuki Aerio insurance in Jacksonville can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to buying lower priced Suzuki Aerio insurance in Jacksonville
The recommended way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic citations and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Jacksonville insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
More tips and info about insurance can be found at these sites:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)