A recent auto insurance study discovered that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Florida being $2,160, drivers could save 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Jacksonville.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives additional ideas to get better rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Components of Your Toyota Corolla iM Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Always keep your insurance in place - Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure - Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Big city or small town - Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- How's your driving record? - Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received serious citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
These discounts can cut Toyota Corolla iM insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Jacksonville auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including type of vehicle, accident-free, good driver, low natural disaster claims, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, alternative fuel, good student, youthful driver, homeowner, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for teenSMART discount, senior citizen, eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, utility vehicle, passive restraint, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. To find auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Persistence will pay off
Some auto insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Jacksonville can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just presented many ideas to reduce Toyota Corolla iM insurance car insurance rates online in Jacksonville. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)