Do you want to learn how to find cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Jacksonville? Searching for budget-priced Jacksonville Volvo S60 insurance quotes might appear somewhat intimidating for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparison shopping on the web. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can Jacksonville drivers have time to compare each option to find the best available rates?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many drivers in the United States could save up to 46.5% a year, but they think it’s difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices periodically because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Volvo S60 insurance in Jacksonville two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Volvo S60 insurance in Jacksonville.
Compare free Jacksonville Volvo S60 insurance rate quotes
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from local Jacksonville car insurance companies. The best method to find cheaper Volvo S60 rates consists of shopping online. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Jacksonville S60 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S60 with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Volvo and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes some of the things used by companies to determine rates.
Consolidate home and auto and save – Most auto insurance companies provide a discount to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Volvo S60 rates in Jacksonville to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Men pay higher costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volvo has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Stay claim-free and lower prices – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Florida generally give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Traffic violations hurt – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received flagrant tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
No policy lapses saves money – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
Loss statistics for a Volvo S60 – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Jacksonville with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Jacksonville auto insurance on the web.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on S60 insurance in Jacksonville.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Volvo S60 rate quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Jacksonville. To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Florida, click here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volvo S60?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Jacksonville insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Jacksonville.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Jacksonville who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to give free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 329-7950 – View Map
- Zellner Insurance Agency
4114 Sunbeam Rd #101 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 356-1492 – View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 771-6400 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are Jacksonville exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
- Sam Maimone – State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-6844 – View Map
- Parvez Sahotra – State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 Hodges Blvd #14 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 221-1161 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jacksonville?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Cheap car insurance rates are available
Discount Volvo S60 insurance in Jacksonville can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding discount Volvo S60 insurance in Jacksonville
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Volvo S60 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Jacksonville.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jacksonville. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information can be found at the links below
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)