Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that consumers who shopped around saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The preferred way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Florida.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Jacksonville. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like if you have an active license, whether you are single or married, your occupation, and an estimate of your credit level. That information gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Acura NSX insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Acura NSX insurance in Jacksonville
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Jacksonville car insurance over the internet.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children living away from Jacksonville attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could qualify for cheaper prices.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new NSX can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
If you need inexpensive Jacksonville car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Jacksonville.
Why you need insurance for your NSX
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Jacksonville, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Acura but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Jacksonville that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive. Both handle insurance, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Jacksonville independent insurance agencies that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
If you receive satisfactory answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy. Just keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel coverage when you choose so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with your new company for a certain time period.