Shocking but true, most consumers in Florida have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The recommended way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Jacksonville.
- Step 1: Learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Jacksonville is much easier if you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Nevertheless, Florida consumers must understand how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
Cheap car insurance in Jacksonville, FL
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
The coverage table displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Buick Lucerne models. Having knowledge of how rate quotes are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$280||$612||$392||$24||$118||$1,426||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Buick Lucerne annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
The Buick Lucerne Insurance Rate Equation
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Know your credit rating – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Lucerne by repairing your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Buick. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Insurance premiums and driver gender – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males have costlier accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
- Liability insurance preserves assets – Liability insurance is the protection when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurance companies afford lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare Buick Lucerne rates in Jacksonville to verify if the discount is saving money.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about before being credited.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Jacksonville may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Buick Lucerne yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include accident-free, age of vehicle, multi-car, ease of repair, location of vehicle, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, distant student, youthful driver, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, company car, multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, and paperless.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, good student, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO discounts include bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, vehicle storage, annual mileage, military installation, and family discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Jacksonville. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Jacksonville, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Jacksonville who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 765-2919 – View Map
- Chris Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 – Jacksonville, FL 32222 – (904) 854-4700 – View Map
- Jim Love – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 College St – Jacksonville, FL 32205 – (904) 384-5000 – View Map
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Jacksonville that can give you price quotes.
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 391-1003 – View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 372-2355 – View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 771-6400 – View Map
Get the best coverage at the best price
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Buick Lucerne insurance rates in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents. More affordable auto insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)