It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to move their business because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved over $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that insure vehicles in Florida.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Our objective is to teach you how auto insurance companies operate and how to save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts covered in this article. But Florida drivers should learn how insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it's important to also get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Florida
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Endeavor with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Endeavor definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Analysis of Mitsubishi Endeavor rates
The information displayed next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Mitsubishi Endeavor models. Being aware of how rate quotes are calculated can be useful when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Endeavor LS 2WD||$192||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,314||$110|
|Endeavor LS AWD||$192||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,314||$110|
|Endeavor SE 2WD||$192||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,314||$110|
|Endeavor SE AWD||$216||$386||$542||$32||$162||$1,338||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in Jacksonville location which can lower or raise prices greatly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Mitsubishi Endeavor settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance discounts in Jacksonville
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Endeavor insurance in Jacksonville.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance rates with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you want inexpensive Jacksonville car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Jacksonville.