Nissan Pathfinder insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The easiest way to get more affordable Nissan Pathfinder insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Jacksonville.
- Read about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price like careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more information to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Pathfinder coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Don't forget to put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Sadly, nearly 70% of Florida drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save $850 each year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Affordable car insurance in Jacksonville, FL
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Data for Nissan Pathfinder insurance
The coverage information shown below covers a range of insurance prices for Nissan Pathfinder models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are determined helps drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$268||$522||$438||$26||$132||$1,386||$116|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$308||$522||$438||$26||$132||$1,426||$119|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$308||$522||$438||$26||$132||$1,426||$119|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$308||$522||$438||$26||$132||$1,426||$119|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$348||$636||$438||$26||$132||$1,580||$132|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$348||$636||$438||$26||$132||$1,580||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Nissan Pathfinder insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below compares Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Pathfinder replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Jacksonville
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are just wasting money.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
The illustration below compares Nissan Pathfinder insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, and driver's education.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and new move discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, early shopping, pay in full, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paid in full, mature driver, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, paperless, company car, and safe vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and drive less.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Nissan Pathfinder insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
When buying insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine premiums.
- Certain employers raise rates - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives, and accountants generally have higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and performers pay the least.
- Rural vs Urban Areas - Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Less people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Cheaper insurance rates for prior coverage - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Little extras can really add up - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are usually found on economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Nissan Pathfinder policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- Liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Be proud to be claim-free - Companies in Florida award discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Pathfinder can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage.
Nissan Pathfinder insurance loss statistics - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Jacksonville who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Jacksonville may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
- Jim Haskins - State Farm Insurance Agent
6983 103rd St #2 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-4577 - View Map
- Otis Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32259 - (904) 287-1523 - View Map
- Chris Bedford - State Farm Insurance Agent
3943 Baymeadows Rd #1 - Jacksonville, FL 32217 - (904) 730-4300 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes.
- Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St - Jacksonville, FL 32202 - (904) 350-0014 - View Map
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32225 - (904) 743-6661 - View Map
- Zellner Insurance Agency
4114 Sunbeam Rd #101 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 356-1492 - View Map
You can find affordable coverage
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
Low-cost Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Jacksonville is possible from both online companies and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)