It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower rate. A survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to find and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Jacksonville is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Florida. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives the details to find cheap prices and earn larger discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper WRX coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to point out is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Comparing quotes for affordable auto insurance policy in Jacksonville is not as hard as you may think. In a nutshell, every person who is looking for a better price on auto insurance stands a good chance to find better rates. Although Florida drivers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to compete online.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps you find the best offered rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Jacksonville, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Subaru for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Buyers Save Money
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Subaru has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Protect yourself with liability insurance – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Marriage can save you money – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Always keep your coverage in place – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida DMV.
Auto insurance rates and your occupation – Careers such as fire fighters, business owners, and miners tend to have the highest rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
High auto insurance claims frequency drives up prices – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Florida generally give the lowest premiums to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Subaru. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Subaru WRX statistical loss data – Insurers use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Budget-conscious Subaru WRX insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville car insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Jacksonville car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)