Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Florida consumers could save nearly $1,126 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Toyota 86 insurance in Jacksonville is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
To find cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from many different Florida insurance companies. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you're the type of person who wants the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to insure your Toyota vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota 86 insurance, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your 86, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Toyota 86 insurance in Jacksonville
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less may enable drivers to earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Early Signing - Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current 86 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Club Memberships - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Jacksonville could earn you a nice discount when getting a Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- MetLife has savings for good student, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, accident-free, professional/association, age of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, driver training, theft prevention, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate discounts include resident student, premier discount, defensive driver, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, and FullPay discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Florida, click here.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Jacksonville?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
Below are Jacksonville insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Toyota 86 insurance in Jacksonville.
Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St - Jacksonville, FL 32202 - (904) 350-0014 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent's assistance.
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision coverage covers damage to your 86 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your 86 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The most you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like nursing services, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, surgery and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 which stand for a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Florida limits are 10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Toyota 86 insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Toyota 86 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper Toyota 86 insurance in Jacksonville is available both online and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)