A recent auto insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in Jacksonville could save themselves nearly $1,130 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
The easiest way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Jacksonville.
- Read about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Prius V coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Toyota Prius V Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Credit history impacts premium premiums – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Prius V by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Costs may be higher where you live – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large Florida cities tend to have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Poor driving habits means higher rates – Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Even a single citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. People who have multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Keep premiums low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Florida award lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Annual mileage impacts prices – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is showing annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Prius V is just wasting money.
Toyota Prius V claim probability – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Toyota Prius V vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Prius V Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Toyota Prius V insurance rates
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. One of the best ways to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Just keep in mind that more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Prius V insurance, car insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Toyota Prius V but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Earn discounts on Jacksonville insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Jacksonville can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could save up to 20% off your total Prius V insurance premium.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA has savings for good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, student driver, homeowners, air bags, early bird, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, bundle, and defensive driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply everywhere.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Jacksonville.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Jacksonville that can give you comparison quotes for Toyota Prius V insurance in Jacksonville.
- Erwin Insurance, LLC
841 Prudential Drive, 12th Floor – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 764-7531 – View Map
- Michael Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
10920 Baymeadows Rd #7 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 777-6888 – View Map
- Vonnie Wiggins – State Farm Insurance Agent
11757 Beach Blvd #7 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 641-0090 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stephanie Ando
3546 St Johns Bluff Rd S #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 645-8880 – View Map
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my Toyota Prius V covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my Toyota Prius V covered if I use it for business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
When searching for the cheapest Toyota Prius V rate quotes, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
A few companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Toyota Prius V insurance in Jacksonville is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you many ways to compare Toyota Prius V insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)